On the move!
Agh! You’re still here? My new site and weblog, ianking.ca is now up and running; new posts are building up over there, never to be mirrored here. Go! What are you waiting for? All the stuff worth keeping has been migrated over to the new server, and I don’t anticipate making any more posts here.
Bloggers and webmasters: Update your links! Simply replace vancouverscrum.blogspot.com with www.ianking.ca in your blogrolls or bookmarks to point to the new site. Old posts will remain on this server for as long as the people at Blogger/Google allow them to remain; unfortunately, I’m not going to bother to come up with any way of converting permalinks on this blog to their corresponding posts on the new site. Yes, I plead laziness. I also realize the irony of switching away from Blogger just it starts to add features that the demanding blog nerds insist upon.
Thanks for reading and linking, and see you over at ianking.ca!
—Ian King, December 13, 2004
Thursday, September 04, 2003
So here’s a list of lame excuses for my absence
- In case you haven’'t noticed, Vancouver has been hot and dry for the last month. In response, I sought out places that were relatively cool and near wet stuff
- No, I have no mobile computer or Internet. For now.
- I had two weeks of vacation. You think that I’m gonna waste that time blogging? Get real!
- Norwalk Virus. Seriously. At least it’s now behind me... pun intended.
- Other people blog. You can read them instead. Martin Ertl actually got back to his spiffy blog after an extended break. Terminal City colleague Brian Salmi has set up his online campaign to become Vancouver’s Official Sultan of Fun.
- Then again, a whole bunch of fellow blogger-types also went on hiatus. Dean Allen’'s been hiding from the heat in France; perhaps he’s been slaving away on that eagerly-awaited CMS. Ikram Saeed's been away for nearly as long as I—then again, I haven’t been dissecting hotshot historian Niall Ferguson’s treatise on empire. That sort of tome is too much heavy lifting for August if you ask me. Dawn’'s been wisely away from the cyber-umbilicus. See? I'm not the only lazy SOB in Blogtopia.
But now I’ve posted. With that out of the way, more updates should be easy.
Reports, opinions, columns, and anything else on this site, are © 2002-2003 Ian King unless otherwise noted. Permission granted to use material on this site for non-commercial purposes provided that the work is attributed to the original author. All other uses require specific permission of the original author. Contact weblog owner with any inquiries.Feel free to link to this web log. The management likes getting lots of traffic.