The Vancouver Scrum

On the move!

Agh! You’re still here? My new site and weblog, ianking.ca is now up and running; new posts are building up over there, never to be mirrored here. Go! What are you waiting for? All the stuff worth keeping has been migrated over to the new server, and I don’t anticipate making any more posts here.

Bloggers and webmasters: Update your links! Simply replace vancouverscrum.blogspot.com with www.ianking.ca in your blogrolls or bookmarks to point to the new site. Old posts will remain on this server for as long as the people at Blogger/Google allow them to remain; unfortunately, I’m not going to bother to come up with any way of converting permalinks on this blog to their corresponding posts on the new site. Yes, I plead laziness. I also realize the irony of switching away from Blogger just it starts to add features that the demanding blog nerds insist upon.

Thanks for reading and linking, and see you over at ianking.ca!

—Ian King, December 13, 2004

Friday, June 18, 2004

 

Is this thing on?

Ok, a couple of technical fixes here: I've added a "Feedburner" button on the left-hand sidebar; this serves up an RSS 2.0 feed for those of you whose aggregators don't yet support Atom, which seems to be the Blogger favourite in the site-feed wars. Second, I've switched on the Blogger commenting system due to my dissatisfaction with SquawkBox; the new commenting system should be working with this post.

Third, I had written a nice meaty post yesterday (Thursday), but as I was on a computer away from home, I was running Internet Exploder, and it lived up to its name...
Comments:
Okay, it's workin'
 
Ian, good to see your comments up again. I had an issue with Internet Explorer last week, when my computer contracted a virus that apparently was exploiting weaknesses in the Microcrap code. Now that I've learned how to manually fix this virus (Norton is unable), I'm thinking of writing a piece of software to repair the bug, as apparently there is no fix currently available (other than manually repairing).
But then again, why should I do Microcrap's work for them?
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
If it's not one MS thing, it's another. My personal favourites are the worms and virii that work themselves into your System Volume Information directory, which cannot be cleaned out except by hand, while running as the Administrator, in Safe Mode.

This, on the other hand, was SquawkBox's problem. So kiss them goodby. I only wish that I could do the same to Exploder, but as long as other people run it on their machines, I'll just have to put up with it and save my work religiously. Opera 7.5 rocks the web, though it doesn't work all that well with Blogger and Ye Olde Lorem Ipsum Generator.
 
Post a Comment

Reports, opinions, columns, and anything else on this site, are © 2002-2003 Ian King unless otherwise noted. Permission granted to use material on this site for non-commercial purposes provided that the work is attributed to the original author. All other uses require specific permission of the original author. Contact weblog owner with any inquiries.

Feel free to link to this web log. The management likes getting lots of traffic.